Sunday 13 January 2013

Chemistry Journal Entry 3

Today was a 2hr chemistry lab lesson. Hehe, I remembered to wear my safety goggles!!!! Basically, we played around with the bunsen burner. We had to close the air hole , attached the gas tube to the gas tap, and then used the lighter and light it. When you light it, it will be yellowish flame. Then, if you open the air hole, it will become a blue flame. My lab partner and I used the copper wires and tried to "barbecue" it and it turned like reddish-yellowish. The tip of the inner blue flame was the HOTTEST. I can't help, but be curious at how high the temperature is in that teeny weeny flame from a bunsen burner. Will you be able to supposedly cook things with it? I am not exactly sure, but its just a question that came out of nowhere. Is a bunsen burner's heat equivalent to a stove's ? Maybe, I guess. ;)

I adopted an element: Cadmium. My reason: It sounded very very cadbury-like, unfortunately, its cancer causing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment